Saturday, July 16, 2011

Soaked

I tried a new healthy PC recipe last night. The name is boring but the dish delighted us enough that it was on both my husband's and my minds first thing when we woke up. I'd call that a winner...

Harvest Pasta Skillet. It's a one pot dish where the multi-grain pasta cooks in a pumpkin (canned) & wine laced broth. Quick and easy, just the way I like 'em. Send me your email and I'll send you the recipe!

It calls for white mushrooms but all I had in the house was dried shitake which I soaked in boiling water for 3 minutes, saving its broth to add to the skillet later. It always amazes me how quickly something hard and dried can become soft and supple again, just as the Spirit softens us in every way when we take a few moments to soak our souls in God's purifying graces.

Next time someone tells you to go soak yourself, don't take offense. Remember the mushroom and give yourself a few moments with the Master Chef. We're so much better softer. May I remember this next time I get irritated!

No comments:

Post a Comment